WhatsApp Group Description: Lastly, WhatsApp updated its version with few new features. In that, we can now add a description to the group chats. It explains the group member that how important is this group or goal/motive of the group. If you inviting someone to the group, they can also see the group descriptions.
Apart from the group description feature, now users can easily switch between voice and video calls by just tapping the video button while on a call. Also, we can search a participant from the list in a group.
These new features are available on both Android and iOS platform. In the last month, WhatsApp released the group description feature for the Android beta version. Check that how this new feature works:
WhatsApp Group Description feature on Android, iOS updated version
- First of all, you need to update the latest version of WhatsApp app from the Play Store (for Android) and from the App Store (for iPhone).
2. Now, open your WhatsApp app.
3. Tap any one of the group and again tap the group name.
4. You can see the new update (add group description) on next to the group name and date of group creation.
5. Write something about the group that you like (motive, aim, reason, etc.,)
6. Now, it showing you under “Description” section.
7. The group description which you changed is visible to all group members. You can write up to 512 characters in the group description.